We are seeking a professional based in UK with an entrepreneurial mindset, including ability to work independently, self-motivated, and experience in working with / for tech startups and SMEs, should have a keen interest in scouting and deploying social impact technologies, like energy and environment solutions, cross border between UK and India
Duties and responsibilities
- Have a technical background with a good understanding of technology, product lifecycle, go-to Market strategies, understanding of business models, market and product management aspects.
- Ability to understand technologies, their features and explore their application / deployment into projects in social impact sectors such as: cleantech, IOT, ICT, agri-tech etc.
- Connecting and conducting due diligence on innovative technology companies from around the world.
- Ability to liaise effectively with both the public and private sector in UK to identify technologies that would be suitable and interested for deployment in India and identify projects and opportunities for Indian cleantechnologies keen to access the UK market.
- Interpret the requirements of technology companies, support them to overcome the challenges of ideation, validation, realizing product/solution, customer / partner identification and scaling.
- Identify, connect and evaluate a portfolio of innovative technology companies, products and solutions
- Coordinate the due diligence of the startups / SMEs for various aspects directly or in coordination with third party experts.
- Establish and maintain ecosystem partnerships with UK clusters, incubators, accelerators, investors, corporates industry associations.
- Establish strategic partnerships with UK and International governmental, NGOs and financial institutions.
- Develop eco-systems with both global and regional stakeholders for building capacities and technology deployment in the tech sectors.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking national and international innovations, policies, regulations and initiatives related to climate change and sustainability - attending workshops, reviewing publications and establishing networks.
- Comfortable in interacting with and presenting to executives and senior business leaders.
- Assess client/ project requirements, constantly scan for new credible sources of leads, deliver high quality/professional proposals and presentations.
- Graduate – with a engineering background having 1-2 years of experience.
- Interest in techno-commercial analysis, viability assessments, market research.
- Exceptional analytical (qualitative and quantitative) and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Experience with working with national or international technology organizations, research / innovation labs or similar organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and nurture relationships in a challenging multicultural environment.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
London, Cambridge, or open to other parts of UK
Candidates with relevant profiles to submit CV along with cover letter to Leena Thomas, Director, GBI at: [email protected]