GBI is looking for 2(two) distribution power engineers with 8-10 years’ experience for a 6-month assignment. Independent experts that fit the below mentioned profile may apply to [email protected] by the 16th of December 2019
Duties and responsibilities
The scope of consulting services will include but not limited to the following:
- Data collection from field, substations and tariff points.
- Conduct necessary engineering analysis including optimum load flow on DPDC’s network using internationally reputed software.
- Determine optimum sizes and locations for installation of capacitor banks to achieve desired power factor (p.f.) of 0.95 at 132kV, 33 kV and 11 kV voltage level.
- Find out fault level MVA at various substations at 132 KV, 33 KV and 11 kV voltage level.
- Study the impact of added MVAR in reducing technical losses of the distribution network of DPDC.
- Conduct Feasibility Study and Environmental Impact Analysis (EIA) for capacitor bank project in DPDC network to achieve p.f. 0.95 at 132kV, 33 kV and 11 kV voltage level.
- Study the effect of harmonic injection due to capacitor switching and recommend for adoption of appropriate technology/solution to overcome the challenges for installation of capacitor bank in DPDC network.
- Carry out necessary technical and financial analysis of available methods for power factor improvement and perform associated social, economic & environmental implications.
- Prepare detail design, drawing and technical specification of capacitor bank along with associated equipments, bill of materials, estimated cost and international tender document for the project.
- Prepare an operation and maintenance guideline of capacitor banks to ensure smooth operation and increase longevity of equipment’s.
- Experience of consulting services for Power sector’s overseas projects in similar working conditions like Bangladesh
- Experience of consulting services for power factor improvement projects/technical loss reduction projects/similar projects in power system utility.
- Minimum graduate degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering with expertise in the relevant fields to carry out the proposed consulting services
Candidates with relevant profiles to submit CV along with cover letter to Harsha Lingam, COO, GBI at: [email protected]